Patient Moving (one day certificate course)
This one day course has been designed to train healthcare and community care workers including adult learners who need to be trained to safely move, handle and transport patients. This training course is delivered in accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Manual Handling of Loads Regulations 2007.
On completion of the course the participants will be able to
- Understand the structure of the back and the mechanisms of injury
- Understand the practical techniques of safe moving and handling
- Be in a position to understand and comply with current legal requirements
- Be in a position to carry out a basic Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Course Content
The course will cover the following;
- Structure of the Spine
- Mechanisms of Injury
- Risk Assessments
- Principles of Moving & Handling
- Practical Exercises using lifting equipment, hospital bed and wheelchair.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for carers, nurses, medical personnel, pre-nursing students, community care students, porters and other involved directly in the moving of patients.
Assessment & Certification
Upon successful completion of practical skills assessments and theoretical quiz the course participants will be issued with a Patient Moving & Handling certificate which is valid for 3 years