Challenging Behaviour in older people (half day certificate course)
This study day provides a comprehensive introduction to dementia and challenging behaviour for personnel working within the long-term care environment, consolidating the participant’s previous knowledge and experiences. This study day combines a mix of theory and practice and its aim is getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives.
- To prepare personnel within the nursing home for dealing with those with dementia who may have a challenging behaviour.
- To impart necessary knowledge and skills with practical orientation and help formulate strategies to deal with those with dementia and challenging behaviour using the ABC model.
- To describe the relationship between behavioural symptoms, antecedents/ triggers and consequences / reactions.
- To provide knowledge, vocabulary and advanced skills, concerning all areas of dementia and challenging behaviour.
- To develop a plan of care for a person with dementia and challenging behaviour
- To communicate appropriately with people presenting with challenging behaviour.
- To evaluate the impact of different approaches used with a person demonstrating challenging behaviour.